Our unique analysis of the bills Feeney sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Feeney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Feeney was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 520 (110th): To revise the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System Ponce Inlet Unit P08.
- H.R. 324 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 321 Montgomery Road in Altamonte Springs, Florida, as the “Arthur Stacey Mastrapa Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Feeney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (34%) Law (19%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) International Affairs (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Social Welfare (6%)
Some of Feeney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7062 (110th): International Space Station Guaranteed Access Plan For Integrated Launch and Low Earth ...
- H.R. 6987 (110th): Taxpayer Bailout Protection Act of 2008
- H.R. 6213 (110th): Reinsurance International Solvency Standards Evaluation Board Act of 2008
- H.Con.Res. 357 (110th): Encouraging all States to enact laws requiring photo identification to vote in ...
- H.Res. 1016 (110th): Expressing the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of ...
- H.Res. 931 (110th): Expressing support for designation of February 17, 2008, as “Race Day in ...
- H.R. 4736 (110th): To amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security Act ...
|Feeney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 355 (110th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives and a conditional recess or adjournment of ...
May 20, 2008. Passed 239/175.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3093 (110th): Departments of Commerce and Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
Jul 26, 2007. Passed 281/142.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Feeney missed 273 of 4,311 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: