Feeney was the representative for Florida’s 24th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2003 to 2008.
Feeney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Feeney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Feeney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 324 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 321 Montgomery Road in Altamonte Springs, Florida, as the “Arthur Stacey Mastrapa Post Office Building”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Feeney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (34%) Law (19%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) International Affairs (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Social Welfare (6%)
Some of Feeney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7062 (110th): International Space Station Guaranteed Access Plan For Integrated Launch and Low Earth ...
- H.R. 6987 (110th): Taxpayer Bailout Protection Act of 2008
- H.R. 6213 (110th): Reinsurance International Solvency Standards Evaluation Board Act of 2008
- H.Con.Res. 357 (110th): Encouraging all States to enact laws requiring photo identification to vote in ...
- H.Res. 1016 (110th): Expressing the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of ...
- H.Res. 931 (110th): Expressing support for designation of February 17, 2008, as “Race Day in ...
- H.R. 4736 (110th): To amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security Act ...
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Feeney missed 273 of 4,311 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: