Malinowski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Malinowski has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Tom Malinowski sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa, and International Terrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Malinowski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Malinowski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 489: Condemning President Trump’s racist comments directed at Members of Congress.
- H.J.Res. 63: Providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the United Arab Emirates, ...
- H.R. 3236: Anti-Collusion Act
- H.Res. 299: Condemning White Supremacist Terrorism and the Anti-immigrant Rhetoric that Inspires It Resolution
- H.R. 2037: Saudi Arabia Human Rights and Accountability Act of 2019
- H.R. 1849: Transportation Funding Fairness Act
- H.R. 914: Responsible Withdrawal from Syria Act
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2019, Malinowski missed 1 of 496 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: