Our unique analysis of the bills Marino has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Marino is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Marino for more statistics.
Tom Marino sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
Marino sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Marino’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5323: International Communications Privacy Act
- H.R. 5285: To amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to require the annual human ...
- H.R. 4241: Copyright Office for the Digital Economy Act
- H.R. 3620: To amend the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Improvement Act to provide ...
- H.R. 3438: REVIEW Act of 2015
- H.R. 3380: Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2015
- H.R. 3254: Kline DeWire Public Safety Officers’ Retroactive Benefits Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Marino missed 224 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 40 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: