Read our 2018 Report Card for Marino.
Marino is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Marino sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Marino was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1858 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4514 Williamson Trail in Liberty, Pennsylvania, as the “Staff Sergeant Ryan Scott Ostrom Post Office”.
- H.R. 560: To amend the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Improvement Act to provide access to certain vehicles serving residents of municipalities adjacent to the Delaware Water Gap National ...
- H.R. 3380 (114th): Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2015
- H.R. 471 (114th): Ensuring Patient Access and Effective Drug Enforcement Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Marino sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (30%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Health (18%) Environmental Protection (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%) Commerce (6%) International Affairs (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%)
Some of Marino’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 26: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to increase the ...
- H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to end the ...
- H.J.Res. 16: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.R. 7389: Federal Permitting Reform and Jobs Act
- H.R. 6871: Rural Broadband Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.R. 6803 (115th): Active Assailant Training, Readiness, and Response Act of 2018
- H.R. 6606 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2019, Marino missed 334 of 5,390 roll call votes, which is 6.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2019. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: