Read our 2018 Report Card for McClintock.
McClintock is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McClintock has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tom McClintock sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on the Judiciary
McClintock was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 381: To designate a mountain in the John Muir Wilderness of the Sierra National Forest as “Sky Point”.
- H.R. 3079 (114th): To take certain Federal land located in Tuolumne County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2388 (113th): To take certain Federal lands located in El Dorado County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians, and for other ...
- H.R. 3892 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8771 Auburn Folsom Road in Roseville, California, as the “Lance Corporal Victor A. Dew Post ...
- H.R. 3319 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 440 South Gulling Street in Portola, California, as the “Army Specialist Jeremiah Paul McCleery Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McClintock sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McClintock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 374: Condemning Iranian state-sponsored terrorism and expressing support for the Iranian people’s desire for ...
- H.R. 1621: Water Supply Permitting Coordination Act
- H.R. 258: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to establish fees for medical services ...
- H.Res. 1034: Condemning Iranian state-sponsored terrorism and expressing support for the Iranian people’s desire for ...
- H.R. 4214: American Taxpayer and Western Area Power Administration Customer Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 3608: Endangered Species Transparency and Reasonableness Act
- H.R. 3607: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to establish fees for medical services ...
From Jan 2009 to May 2019, McClintock missed 40 of 7,221 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: