Read our 2017 Report Card for McClintock.
McClintock is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McClintock has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tom McClintock sits on the following committees:
McClintock was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 381: To designate a mountain in the John Muir Wilderness of the Sierra National Forest as “Sky Point”.
- H.R. 3079 (114th): To take certain Federal land located in Tuolumne County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2388 (113th): To take certain Federal lands located in El Dorado County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians, and for other ...
- H.R. 3892 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8771 Auburn Folsom Road in Roseville, California, as the “Lance Corporal Victor A. Dew Post ...
- H.R. 3319 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 440 South Gulling Street in Portola, California, as the “Army Specialist Jeremiah Paul McCleery Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McClintock sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McClintock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1034: Condemning Iranian state-sponsored terrorism and expressing support for the Iranian people’s desire for ...
- H.R. 4214: American Taxpayer and Western Area Power Administration Customer Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 3608: Endangered Species Transparency and Reasonableness Act
- H.R. 3607: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to establish fees for medical services ...
- H.R. 1654: Water Supply Permitting Coordination Act
- H.R. 1349: To amend the Wilderness Act to ensure that the use of bicycles, wheelchairs, ...
- H.R. 865: Emergency Forest Restoration Act
|McClintock’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1182: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 25, 2018. Passed 366/52.
The House Amendment to S. 1182 extends the National Flood Insurance Program, which is set to expire July 31, 2018, through November 30, 2018. This amendment does not include any reforms to the program; it is only a short-term extension. The NFIP was originally set ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2018, McClintock missed 40 of 6,899 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: