Our unique analysis of the bills McClintock has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McClintock is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McClintock for more statistics.
Tom McClintock sits on the following committees:
McClintock sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McClintock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5860: Emergency Forest Restoration Act
- H.R. 3382: Lake Tahoe Restoration Act of 2015
- H.R. 3079: To take certain Federal land located in Tuolumne County, California, into trust for ...
- H.R. 1668: Save Our Water Act
- H.R. 979: To designate a mountain in the John Muir Wilderness of the Sierra National ...
- H.R. 692: Default Prevention Act
- H.J.Res. 18: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States prohibiting the United ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, McClintock missed 30 of 5,646 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: