O’Halleran is the representative for Arizona’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2017. O’Halleran is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for O’Halleran.
O’Halleran is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills O’Halleran has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 23, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
O’Halleran was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4532 (116th): Nursing Home Care for Native American Veterans Act
- H.R. 1569 (116th): To amend title 28, United States Code, to add Flagstaff and Yuma to the list of locations in which court shall be held in the judicial district ...
- H.R. 4032 (115th): Gila River Indian Community Federal Rights-of-Way, Easements and Boundary Clarification Act
- H.R. 5477 (115th): Rural DOCS Act
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
O’Halleran sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of O’Halleran’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 478: Blackwater Trading Post Land Transfer Act
- H.R. 8807 (116th): EV MAP Act
- H.R. 8243 (116th): Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument Boundary Adjustment Act
- H.R. 8177 (116th): RAISE Act
- H.R. 8152 (116th): FTC Collaboration Act of 2020
- H.R. 7557 (116th): To amend title VI of the Social Security Act to extend the ...
- H.R. 7494 (116th): Broadband Adoption and Opportunity Act
From Jan 2017 to Feb 2021, O’Halleran missed 30 of 2,201 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: