Our unique analysis of the bills Reed has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Reed is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Reed for more statistics.
Tom Reed II sits on the following committees:
Reed sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (26%) Health (21%) Taxation (21%) Social Welfare (10%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Government Operations and Politics (4%)
Some of Reed’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6158: To provide for enhanced penalties for certain offenses relating to controlled substances containing ...
- H.Con.Res. 155: Expressing support for designation of the first Friday of October as “Manufacturing Day”.
- H.R. 5353: Finger Lakes National Heritage Area Study Act
- H.R. 5167: Technologies for Energy Security Act
- H.Res. 675: Supporting the goals and ideals of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
- H.R. 4756: Promoting Access to Diabetic Shoes Act
- H.R. 4708: Credit for Caring Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2010 to Sep 2016, Reed missed 84 of 4,154 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 20 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: