Read our 2016 Report Card for Reed.
Our unique analysis of the bills Reed has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Reed is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tom Reed II sits on the following committees:
Reed was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
- H.R. 606 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 815 County Road 23 in Tyrone, New York, as the “Specialist Christopher Scott Post Office ...
- H.R. 3765 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 198 Baker Street in Corning, New York, as the “Specialist Ryan P. Jayne Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Reed sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (26%) Health (21%) Taxation (21%) Social Welfare (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Government Operations and Politics (4%)
Some of Reed’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6158: HELP Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 155: Expressing support for designation of the first Friday of October as “Manufacturing Day”.
- H.R. 5353: Finger Lakes National Heritage Area Study Act
- H.R. 5167: Technologies for Energy Security Act
- H.Res. 675: Supporting the goals and ideals of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
- H.R. 4756: Promoting Access to Diabetic Shoes Act
- H.R. 4708: Credit for Caring Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Reed’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 1563: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2015
Apr 15, 2015. Failed 266/160.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 249 (113th): Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2013
Apr 15, 2013. Failed 250/159.
H.R. 4212 (112th): Drywall Safety Act of 2012
Jan 1, 2013. Passed 378/37.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 841 (111th): Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of 2010
Dec 16, 2010. Passed 379/30.
From Nov 2010 to Jan 2017, Reed missed 85 of 4,279 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 20 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: