Our unique analysis of the bills Rice has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rice is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Rice for more statistics.
Tom Rice sits on the following committees:
Rice sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rice’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5879: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the credit for ...
- H.R. 5878: PAVE Act of 2016
- H.R. 5440: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow certain regulated companies ...
- H.R. 5398: Immigration for a Competitive America Act of 2016
- H.R. 4149: Discouraging Frivolous Lawsuits Act
- H.R. 2971: Highway Trust Fund Certainty Act
- H.R. 2383: Nutritious Options for Meals Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Rice missed 33 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: