2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Udall »
Our unique analysis of the bills Udall has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Udall is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tom Udall sits on the following committees:
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Udall sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Health (15%) Education (13%) Native Americans (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Commerce (9%)
Some of Udall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 425: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Public Health Week.
- S. 2648: Comprehensive Resources for Entrepreneurs in the Arts to Transform the Economy Act of ...
- S. 2643: Pueblo de Cochiti Self-Governance Act
- S. 2611: Federal Election Administration Act of 2016
- S. 2508: Youth Sports Concussion Act
- S. 2483: Fairness and Independence in Redistricting Act
- S. 2366: Spectrum Challenge Prize Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Apr 2016, Udall missed 25 of 2,243 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: