Sen. Tom Udall
Senator from New Mexico
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||New Mexico's 3rd District|
2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Udall »
Our unique analysis of the bills Udall has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Udall is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tom Udall sits on the following committees:
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Some of Udall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 536: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from ...
- S. 473: A bill to implement programs and activities to raise children up out of ...
- S. 501: New Mexico Navajo Water Settlement Technical Corrections Act
- S. 410: Building upon Unique Indian Learning and Development Act
- S. 418: Promoting Health as Youth Skills in Classrooms and Life Act
- S. 419: STEM 2 Act
- S. 415: IDEA MOE Adjustment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Feb 2015, Udall missed 21 of 1,902 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Udall [D-NM]: NayMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Udall [D-NM]: NayFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Udall [D-NM]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Udall [D-NM]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.