Our unique analysis of the bills Vandergriff sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1984. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Vandergriff is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Vandergriff’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 641 (98th): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution with respect to ...
- H.Res. 530 (98th): A resolution urging continuation of tax deductibility of residential mortgage interest payments.
- H.R. 5880 (98th): A bill to amend section 459 of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 5623 (98th): National Wildflower Landscaping Act of 1984
- H.J.Res. 545 (98th): A joint resolution designating the week of September 16 through 22, 1984 ...
- H.R. 5141 (98th): A bill to amend part A of title XVIII of the Social ...
- H.R. 4703 (98th): Congressional Pay Responsibility Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Oct 1984, Vandergriff missed 34 of 906 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is better than the median of 7.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills