Our unique analysis of the bills Cárdenas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cárdenas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cárdenas for more statistics.
Tony Cárdenas sits on the following committees:
Cárdenas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Education (18%) Commerce (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Health (8%) Taxation (8%) Government Operations and Politics (5%)
Some of Cárdenas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 713: Honoring the vital role of small business and the passion of entrepreneurs in ...
- H.R. 5100: At-Risk Youth Medicaid Protection Act of 2016
- H.Res. 694: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that a standing ...
- H.Res. 662: Recognizing March 31 as “César Chávez Day” in honor of the accomplishments and ...
- H.R. 4829: Trade Protection Not Troll Protection Act
- H.R. 4174: Manufacturing Skills Act of 2015
- H.R. 4156: HUBZone Equity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Cárdenas missed 173 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: