2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Cárdenas »
Our unique analysis of the bills Cárdenas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cárdenas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tony Cárdenas sits on the following committees:
Cárdenas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (19%) Crime and Law Enforcement (19%) Education (19%) Commerce (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Taxation (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Immigration (6%)
Some of Cárdenas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 713: Honoring the vital role of small business and the passion of entrepreneurs in ...
- H.R. 5100: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to protect at-risk youth ...
- H.Res. 694: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that a standing ...
- H.Res. 662: Recognizing March 31 as “Cesar Chavez Day” in honor of the accomplishments and ...
- H.R. 4829: Trade Protection Not Troll Protection Act
- H.R. 4174: Manufacturing Skills Act of 2015
- H.R. 4156: HUBZone Equity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Cárdenas missed 118 of 2,086 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: