Our unique analysis of the bills Cárdenas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cárdenas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cárdenas for more statistics.
Tony Cárdenas sits on the following committees:
Cárdenas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Education (18%) Commerce (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Health (8%) Taxation (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%)
Some of Cárdenas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 885: Recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture of Latinos in ...
- H.R. 6140: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the Administrator of the ...
- H.R. 6102: Less Traffic with Smart Stop Lights Act of 2016
- H.Res. 713: Honoring the vital role of small business and the passion of entrepreneurs in ...
- H.R. 5100: At-Risk Youth Medicaid Protection Act of 2016
- H.Res. 694: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that a standing ...
- H.Res. 662: Recognizing March 31 as “César Chávez Day” in honor of the accomplishments and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Cárdenas missed 174 of 2,465 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: