Our unique analysis of the bills Cárdenas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cárdenas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cárdenas for more statistics.
Tony Cárdenas sits on the following committees:
Cárdenas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (21%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Education (18%) Commerce (13%) Labor and Employment (10%) Health (8%) Taxation (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%)
Some of Cárdenas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 885: Recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture of Latinos in ...
- H.R. 6140: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the Administrator of the ...
- H.R. 6102: Less Traffic with Smart Stop Lights Act of 2016
- H.Res. 713: Honoring the vital role of small business and the passion of entrepreneurs in ...
- H.R. 5100: At-Risk Youth Medicaid Protection Act of 2016
- H.Res. 694: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that a standing ...
- H.Res. 662: Recognizing March 31 as “César Chávez Day” in honor of the accomplishments and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cárdenas’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Cárdenas missed 175 of 2,481 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: