Our unique analysis of the bills Hall sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hall is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hall was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5036 (106th): Dayton Aviation Heritage Preservation Amendments Act of 2000
- H.R. 2321 (102nd): Dayton Aviation Heritage Preservation Act of 1992
- H.R. 4572 (102nd): To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to waive certain requirements under the medicaid program during 1992 and 1993 for health maintenance organizations operated by ...
- H.R. 5149 (101st): To amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 to provide that the Secretary of Agriculture may not consider, in allocating amounts to a State agency under the ...
- H.J.Res. 234 (99th): A joint resolution designating the week of May 18, 1985, through May 24, 1985, as “National Food Bank Week”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) International Affairs (13%) Commerce (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Education (8%) Social Welfare (8%)
Some of Hall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5202 (107th): Veterans National Heritage Preservation Act of 2002
- H.Con.Res. 410 (107th): Supporting peace and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and ...
- H.R. 2659 (107th): Air Force Science and Technology for the 21st Century Act of 2001
- H.R. 1420 (107th): Congressional Hunger Fellows Act of 2001
- H.R. 990 (107th): Good Samaritan Hunger Relief Tax Incentive Act
- H.R. 918 (107th): Clean Diamonds Act
- H.R. 245 (107th): Natural Gas Reserve Act of 2001
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Sep 2002, Hall missed 1,075 of 12,411 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills