Mann is the representative for Kansas’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Mann is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Mann is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mann has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 16, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Tracey Mann sits on the following committees:
Mann was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2044: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 17 East Main Street in Herington, Kansas, as the Captain Emil J. Kapaun Post Office Building.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Mann sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Mann recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1015: Recognizing the importance of stepped-up basis under section 1014 of the Internal Revenue …
- H.R. 7010: Emergency Relief from Duties Act
- H.R. 7009: Use Stocks, Stop Russia Act of 2022
- H.Res. 932: Expressing support for the designation of February 19 through February 26, 2022, as …
- H.R. 6638: To amend title 38, United States Code, to make certain improvements to the …
- H.R. 6175: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 135 …
- H.R. 6145: Community Bank Relief Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Mann missed 0 of 656 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: