Childers was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Childers’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Childers’s bills had a total of 330 cosponsors in the 111th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Childers to other members of the House of Representatives in the 111th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Childers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6242 (111th): International Child Protection Act of 2010
- H.R. 5162 (111th): To restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia.
- H.R. 5150 (111th): To restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia.
- H.R. 4822 (111th): To provide for the settlement of claims arising from the failure of ...
- H.R. 4292 (111th): America’s Better Classrooms Act of 2009
- H.Res. 886 (111th): Supporting the goals and purposes of National Teach Ag Day.
- H.R. 3640 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and expand ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2008 to Dec 2010, Childers missed 45 of 2,014 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
This bill’s text is now available.Oct 08, 2010 6:15 a.m.
This bill was introduced on September 29, 2010, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.Sep 29, 2010
This bill’s text is now available.Apr 29, 2010 7:02 a.m.