Our unique analysis of the bills Franks has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Franks is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Franks for more statistics.
Trent Franks sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Armed Services
Franks sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Franks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 91: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to parental ...
- H.R. 4924: Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA) of 2016
- H.R. 4771: Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4559: United States Commission on the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries Act of 2016
- H.Res. 545: Calling for an end to the abuse of the Standing Rules of the ...
- H.Res. 530: Expressing support for the goals of “National Adoption Day” and “National Adoption Month” ...
- H.Res. 447: Calling upon the President to use the United States’ voice and vote in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Franks missed 216 of 9,957 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 23 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: