Read our 2018 Report Card for Kelly.
Kelly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kelly has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 3, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Trent Kelly sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Small Business
- Member, Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations
- Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development, Agriculture, Trade and Entrepreneurship
Kelly was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5309 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 401 McElroy Drive in Oxford, Mississippi, as the “Army First Lieutenant Donald C. Carwile Post ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4702: Small Business Size Standard Manufacturing Clarification Act of 2019
- H.Res. 599: Expressing support of independence and further development of the strategic partnership between the ...
- H.R. 4152: VA-DoD Shared Medical Facilities Act of 2019
- H.R. 3319: Paperwork Reduction for Farmers and H-2A Modernization Act
- H.R. 1919: DEER Act
- H.R. 1615: Verification Alignment and Service-disabled Business Adjustment Act
- H.Res. 107: SFC Sean Cooley and SPC Christopher Horton Congressional Gold Star Family Fellowship Program ...
From Jun 2015 to Dec 2019, Kelly missed 41 of 2,874 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: