Read our 2017 Report Card for Kelly.
Kelly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kelly has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Trent Kelly sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Kelly was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5309 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 401 McElroy Drive in Oxford, Mississippi, as the “Army First Lieutenant Donald C. Carwile Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5494: Protecting Business Opportunities for Veterans Adjustment Act of 2018
- H.Res. 822: Expressing support for the designation of April 12, 2018, as “Reman Day”.
- H.R. 5121: To amend title 10, United States Code, to remove the prohibition on eligibility ...
- H.R. 4966: To make continuing appropriations for pay for certain training for members of the ...
- H.R. 4280: ERASE Act of 2017
- H.R. 3297: Paperwork Reduction for Farmers Act
- H.Con.Res. 30: Recognizing the 75th Anniversary of the establishment of the United States Navy Seabees ...
|Kelly’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 356/47.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
From Jun 2015 to Jul 2018, Kelly missed 36 of 2,092 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: