Our unique analysis of the bills Gowdy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gowdy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gowdy for more statistics.
Trey Gowdy sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- House Committee on Ethics
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Gowdy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gowdy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1148: Michael Davis, Jr. in Honor of State and Local Law Enforcement Act
- H.R. 5401 (113th): Protecting the Homeland Act
- H.R. 4138 (113th): ENFORCE the Law Act of 2014
- H.R. 3412 (113th): Flexibility to Innovate for College Affordability Act
- H.R. 2278 (113th): SAFE Act
- H.R. 652 (113th): To amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to limit assistance to ...
- H.R. 6620 (112th): Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Gowdy’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1177: Every Child Achieves Act of 2015
Dec 2, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 212: Drinking Water Protection Act
Feb 24, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Gowdy missed 93 of 4,112 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: