Radel was the representative for Florida’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2014.
|Jan. 29, 2014||House Committee on Ethics ended the investigation when Radel resigned|
|2014||Radel was sentenced to probation, which he served.|
Read our 2013 Report Card for Radel.
Radel is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Radel sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Radel sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Radel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3359 (113th): Delay Until Fully Functional Act of 2013
- H.R. 2840 (113th): To amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act to exclude raisins from agricultural marketing ...
- H.R. 2079 (113th): Expediting Veteran’s Benefits Act
- H.R. 1810 (113th): To revise the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System ...
- H.R. 1811 (113th): To remove from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System areas ...
- H.Res. 150 (113th): Congratulating the Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles for becoming the first 15 ...
- H.Con.Res. 30 (113th): Recognizing the 65th anniversary of the independence of the State of Israel.
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2014, Radel missed 62 of 664 roll call votes, which is 9.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills