Read our 2018 Report Card for Demings.
Demings is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Demings has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Val Demings sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Maritime Security
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Demings was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 6591 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 501 South Kirkman Road in Orlando, Florida, as the “Napoleon ‘Nap’ Ford Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Demings sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Demings’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2383: Secure Communities and Safe Schools Act
- H.R. 1404: Vladimir Putin Transparency Act
- H.R. 1297: Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 1233: Borderland Takings Defense Fund Act
- H.R. 449: Pathways to Improving Homeland Security at the Local Level Act
- H.R. 6591 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5910 (115th): Defend Against Russian Disinformation and Aggression Act
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2019, Demings missed 19 of 1,608 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: