Taylor is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Taylor has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Van Taylor sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Innovation
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Management, and Accountability
Some of Taylor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4677: To direct the Secretary of Education to carry out a program to recognize ...
- H.R. 3938: Gold Star Children Act
- H.R. 3246: Traveling Parents Screening Consistency Act of 2019
- H.R. 2623: Search and Rescue Dog Protection Act
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2019, Taylor missed 3 of 567 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: