Our unique analysis of the bills Buchanan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Buchanan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Buchanan for more statistics.
Vern Buchanan sits on the following committees:
Buchanan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Buchanan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5456: Family First Prevention Services Act of 2016
- H.R. 5169: What Works to Move Welfare Recipients into Jobs Act
- H.R. 5076: Main Street Fairness Act
- H.R. 4650: Preserving Patient Access to Post-Acute Hospital Care Act of 2016
- H.R. 4301: To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to search all public records to ...
- H.R. 3957: Emergency Citrus Disease Response Act of 2016
- H.Res. 451: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Sergeant Charles Martland, a ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Buchanan missed 228 of 7,618 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: