Our unique analysis of the bills Ehlers sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ehlers is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ehlers was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6460 (110th): Great Lakes Legacy Reauthorization Act of 2008
- H.R. 5479 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 117 North Kidd Street in Ionia, Michigan, as the “Alonzo Woodruff Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 758 (109th): To establish an interagency aerospace revitalization task force to develop a national strategy for aerospace workforce recruitment, training, and cultivation.
- H.R. 1070 (107th): Great Lakes and Lake Champlain Act of 2002
- H.R. 1860 (107th): Small Business Technology Transfer Program Reauthorization Act of 2001
- H.R. 2346 (106th): To authorize the enforcement by State and local governments of certain Federal Communications Commission regulations regarding use of citizens band radio equipment.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Ehlers sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (22%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Education (16%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Law (10%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Commerce (7%)
Some of Ehlers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1560 (111th): Supporting the increased understanding of, and interest in, computer science and computing ...
- H.Con.Res. 292 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Aerospace Week, and for other ...
- H.Res. 1310 (111th): Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the laser.
- H.Con.Res. 272 (111th): Recognizing the many contributions made by general aviation pilots and operators to ...
- H.Res. 1222 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Library Week.
- H.R. 4890 (111th): Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-Related Fatalities Everywhere Act of ...
- H.R. 4891 (111th): Drunk Driving Repeat Offender Prevention Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1994 to Dec 2010, Ehlers missed 254 of 11,209 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 43 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: