Read our 2019 Report Card for Escobar.
Escobar is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Escobar has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 26, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Veronica Escobar sits on the following committees:
Escobar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Escobar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6533: Defeat Infant and Maternal Mortality Act
- H.R. 6277: Fairness for Families of Fallen Sailors Act
- H.R. 6234: Castner Range National Monument Act
- H.R. 5625: Targeting Environmental and Climate Recklessness Act of 2019
- H.R. 2759: Department of Defense Climate Resiliency and Readiness Act
- H.R. 2662: Asylum Seeker Protection Act
- H.R. 2203: Homeland Security Improvement Act
From Jan 2019 to May 2020, Escobar missed 12 of 813 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: