Read our 2018 Report Card for Gonzalez.
Gonzalez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Gonzalez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Vicente Gonzalez sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Gonzalez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gonzalez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3701: To establish a statute of limitations for certain actions of the Securities and ...
- H.R. 3653: CARIDAD Act
- H.R. 3182: CECL Consumer Impact and Study Bill of 2019
- H.R. 2394: For the relief of Edgar Baltazar Garcia.
- H.R. 2305: Veterans Members Business Loan Act
- H.R. 1310: VAWA Protections for Rural Women Act of 2019
- H.R. 1078: Repatriate Our Patriots Act
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2019, Gonzalez missed 82 of 1,852 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: