Gonzalez is the representative for Texas’s 15th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2017. Gonzalez is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Gonzalez.
Gonzalez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Gonzalez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Vicente Gonzalez sits on the following committees:
Gonzalez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gonzalez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8514: To direct the Secretary of Education to cancel or repay up to $25,000 ...
- H.R. 7168: Creating Capacity for Communities in Need Act
- H.R. 6867: Housing Waiver Flexibility Act of 2020
- H.R. 6387: To correct technical omissions relating to international financial cooperation, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6350: Financial Literacy Education Commission Emergency Response Act
- H.R. 5898: Promoting Agricultural Commerce Act
- H.R. 5614: Affordable Homeownership Access Act
From Jan 2017 to Oct 2020, Gonzalez missed 92 of 2,129 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: