Our unique analysis of the bills Fazio sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fazio is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Fazio sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (33%) Health (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Commerce (7%)
Some of Fazio’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4659 (105th): Keep Kids Safe at School’s Act
- H.Res. 530 (105th): Designating minority membership on certain standing committees of the House.
- H.R. 4223 (105th): Colusa Basin Watershed Integrated Resources Management Act
- H.Res. 492 (105th): Designating minority membership on certain standing committees of the House.
- H.Res. 434 (105th): Designating minority membership on certain standing committees of the House.
- H.Res. 412 (105th): Designating minority membership on certain standing committees of the House.
- H.Res. 400 (105th): Designating minority membership on certain standing committees of the House.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1998, Fazio missed 408 of 10,308 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills