Snyder was the representative for Arkansas’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 2010.
Snyder is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Snyder sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Snyder was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 433 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1700 Main Street in Little Rock, Arkansas, as the “Scipio A. Jones Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 358 (109th): Little Rock Central High School Desegregation 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 3104 (108th): To provide for the establishment of separate campaign medals to be awarded to members of the uniformed services who participate in Operation Enduring Freedom and to members …
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Snyder sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Snyder recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1733 (111th): Recognizing Mark Twain as one of America’s most famous literary icons on …
- H.Res. 1724 (111th): Commending the City of Jacksonville, Arkansas, for its outstanding support in creating …
- H.Res. 1040 (111th): Honoring the life and accomplishments of Donald Harington for his contributions to …
- H.R. 3285 (111th): To amend that portion of title 28, United States Code, commonly called …
- H.Res. 329 (111th): Recognizing the anniversary of the tragic accident of the steamboat ship SS …
- H.Res. 1242 (110th): Honoring the life, musical accomplishments, and contributions of Louis Jordan on the …
- H.R. 3092 (110th): For the relief of Kimberly Ruth.
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Snyder missed 270 of 9,363 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: