Our unique analysis of the bills Snowbarger sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Snowbarger is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Snowbarger sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (18%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Law (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Taxation (8%) Education (8%)
Some of Snowbarger’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4808 (105th): Depository Institution-GSE Affiliation Act of 1998
- H.R. 4649 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the ...
- H.R. 4574 (105th): Merchant Marine-Railroad Retirement Correction Act of 1998
- H.Con.Res. 321 (105th): Expressing the sense of the Congress that money saved from efforts to ...
- H.R. 4260 (105th): Congressional Pension Limitation and Reform Act
- H.R. 4259 (105th): Haskell Indian Nations University and Southwestern Indian PolytechnicInstitute Administrative Systems Act of ...
- H.R. 3315 (105th): Fair Elections and Political Accountability Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 1998, Snowbarger missed 18 of 1,187 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills