Our unique analysis of the bills Goode sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Goode is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Goode was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5631 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1155 Seminole Trail in Charlottesville, Virginia, as the “Corporal Bradley T. Arms Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1456 (107th): Booker T. Washington National Monument Boundary Adjustment Act of 2002
- H.R. 4646 (106th): To designate certain National Forest System lands within the boundaries of the State of Virginia as wilderness areas, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1729 (106th): To designate the Federal facility located at 1301 Emmet Street in Charlottesville, Virginia, as the “Pamela B. Gwin Hall”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Goode sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (29%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) International Affairs (12%) Labor and Employment (11%) Law (9%) Immigration (8%) Housing and Community Development (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%)
Some of Goode’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6806 (110th): Citizenship Should Count for Something Act
- H.R. 5865 (110th): To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to require ...
- H.R. 5631 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.J.Res. 75 (110th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to ...
- H.R. 4144 (110th): To require those applying for, and renewing, SCHIP, TAA, and ATAA benefits ...
- H.J.Res. 60 (110th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States providing for ...
- H.R. 2510 (110th): To amend title 31, United States Code, to require the inscription “In ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Goode missed 145 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: