Our unique analysis of the bills Brown-Waite sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brown-Waite is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brown-Waite was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1516 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 37926 Church Street in Dade City, Florida, as the “Sergeant Marcus Mathes Post Office”.
- H.R. 5168 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 19101 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville, Florida, as the “Cody Grater Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3530 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1400 Highway 41 North in Inverness, Florida, as the “Chief Warrant Officer Aaron Weaver Post ...
- H.R. 1402 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 320 South Lecanto Highway in Lecanto, Florida, as the “Sergeant Dennis J. Flanagan Lecanto Post ...
- H.R. 514 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 16150 Aviation Loop Drive in Brooksville, Florida, as the “Sergeant Lea Robert Mills Brooksville Aviation ...
- H.R. 3703 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8501 Philatelic Drive in Spring Hill, Florida, as the “Staff Sergeant Michael Schafer Post Office ...
- H.R. 3056 (108th): To clarify the boundaries of the John H. Chafee Coast Barrier Resources System Cedar Keys Unit P25 on Otherwise Protected Area P25P.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Brown-Waite sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Law (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Health (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Brown-Waite’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1575 (111th): Expressing support for designation of the third week of October as Male ...
- H.R. 5490 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit ...
- H.Res. 1294 (111th): Expressing support for designation of the first Saturday in May as National ...
- H.R. 4222 (111th): Prevent Health Care Fraud Act of 2009
- H.Res. 831 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Adoption Day and National Adoption ...
- H.R. 3691 (111th): Seniors and Veterans Economic Stimulus Act of 2009
- H.Res. 358 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Adoption Day and National Adoption ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2010, Brown-Waite missed 496 of 5,966 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: