Read our 2018 Report Card for Foxx.
Foxx is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Foxx has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Virginia Foxx sits on the following committees:
Foxx was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 951: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.J.Res. 37 (115th): Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Defense, the General Services Administration, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration relating to the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- H.R. 5134 (113th): To extend the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity and the Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance for one year.
- H.R. 803 (113th): Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- H.R. 1121 (111th): Blue Ridge Parkway and Town of Blowing Rock Land Exchange Act of 2009
- H.R. 6073 (110th): To provide that Federal employees receiving their pay by electronic funds transfer shall be given the option of receiving their pay stubs electronically.
- H.R. 1499 (109th): Heroes Earned Retirement Opportunities Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Foxx sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) International Affairs (17%) Education (17%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Taxation (10%) Energy (7%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Foxx’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3313: Defense Maintenance Data Transparency Act
- H.R. 2516: Spending Safeguard Act
- H.R. 1819: War Crimes Rewards Expansion Act
- H.R. 805: Robo COP Act
- H.R. 661: Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance Act of 2019
- H.R. 296: Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act
- H.R. 300: Unfunded Mandates Information and Transparency Act of 2019
From Jan 2005 to Jun 2019, Foxx missed 51 of 10,504 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: