Rep. Walter Capps
Former Representative from California's 22nd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
California's 22nd District
See Also: Bioguide
Capps was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Capps’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Capps’s bills had a total of 157 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Capps to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Capps’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2022 (105th): To amend trade laws and related provisions to clarify the designation of ...
- H.R. 2009 (105th): Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Research, Treatment, and Assistance Act of 1997
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Oct 1997, Capps missed 14 of 534 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1997. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills