Our unique analysis of the bills Capps sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Capps is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Capps sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Capps’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2022 (105th): To amend trade laws and related provisions to clarify the designation of ...
- H.R. 2009 (105th): Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Research, Treatment, and Assistance Act of 1997
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Oct 1997, Capps missed 14 of 534 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1997. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills