Sen. Walter “Dee” Huddleston
Former Senator from Kentucky
|Dates||Title / State / District|
See Also: Bioguide
Huddleston was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Huddleston’s time serving in the Senate. Huddleston’s bills had a total of 466 cosponsors in the 98th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Huddleston to other members of the Senate in the 98th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Huddleston’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3005 (98th): A bill to designate the Federal Building and United States Courthouse in ...
- S.Con.Res. 134 (98th): A concurrent resolution congratulating Mary T. Meagher for her accomplishments in the ...
- S.Res. 428 (98th): A resolution relative to the death of Representative Carl Perkins, of Kentucky.
- S.J.Res. 298 (98th): A joint resolution to proclaim the month of July 1984 as “National ...
- S. 2607 (98th): Anti-Hunger Act of 1984
- S.Con.Res. 99 (98th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that Federal bank regulatory ...
- S. 2256 (98th): A bill to exempt restaurant central kitchens from Federal inspection requirements.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1984, Huddleston missed 790 of 6,241 roll call votes, which is 12.7%. This is worse than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills