Minnick was the representative for Idaho’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Minnick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Minnick sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Minnick was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2162 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 11th Avenue South in Nampa, Idaho, as the “Herbert A Littleton Postal Station”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Minnick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Sports and Recreation (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Law (12%) International Affairs (12%) Economics and Public Finance (12%)
Some of Minnick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6430 (111th): Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvement Act of 2010
- H.J.Res. 95 (111th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States allowing the ...
- H.R. 5933 (111th): Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvements Act of 2010
- H.R. 5896 (111th): To authorize an additional district judgeship for the district of Idaho.
- H.Res. 1562 (111th): Recognizing the importance of trade to job creation and the United States ...
- H.R. 5816 (111th): Commercial Real Estate Stabilization Act of 2010
- H.R. 4921 (111th): Budget Enforcement Legislative Tool Act of 2010
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Minnick missed 32 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: