Minnick was the representative for Idaho’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Minnick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Minnick sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Minnick was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2162 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 11th Avenue South in Nampa, Idaho, as the “Herbert A Littleton Postal Station”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Minnick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Sports and Recreation (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Law (13%) International Affairs (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%)
Some of Minnick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6430 (111th): Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvement Act of 2010
- H.J.Res. 95 (111th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States allowing the ...
- H.R. 5933 (111th): Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Improvements Act of 2010
- H.R. 5896 (111th): To authorize an additional district judgeship for the district of Idaho.
- H.Res. 1562 (111th): Recognizing the importance of trade to job creation and the United States ...
- H.R. 5816 (111th): Commercial Real Estate Stabilization Act of 2010
- H.R. 4921 (111th): Budget Enforcement Legislative Tool Act of 2010
|Minnick’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Minnick missed 32 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: