Our unique analysis of the bills Mondale sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1976. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mondale is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mondale sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mondale’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3703 (94th): A bill for the relief of Dae Sung Ra.
- S. 3643 (94th): A bill to amend the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act and ...
- S. 3564 (94th): A bill to provide emergency assistance to livestock producers.
- S. 3506 (94th): A bill to authorize the construction of a lock and dam project ...
- S. 3503 (94th): Aircraft Noise Reduction and Airport Protection Act
- S. 3487 (94th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- S. 3484 (94th): A bill for the relief of Peter Poon On Wong.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1965 to Oct 1976, Mondale missed 876 of 5,163 roll call votes, which is 17.0%. This is worse than the median of 13.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills