Powell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Powell recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 12187 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Fred Mushroom Canneries Company.
- H.J.Res. 826 (93rd): Joint resolution authorizing the President to proclaim the period from February 17 …
- H.R. 11318 (93rd): A bill to amend title 10 of the United States Code to …
- H.R. 10934 (93rd): A bill to amend title 10 of the United States Code to …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1971 to Dec 1974, Powell missed 263 of 1,727 roll call votes, which is 15.2%. This is worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills