Our unique analysis of the bills Rudman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rudman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rudman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rudman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2941 (102nd): Small Business Research and Development Enhancement Act of 1992
- S. 2870 (102nd): Legal Services Reauthorization Act of 1992
- S. 1427 (102nd): A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to authorize the ...
- S. 2449 (101st): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Air Force to purchase ...
- S. 2291 (101st): Paperwork Reduction Reauthorization Act of 1990
- S.Res. 197 (101st): A resolution to ensure that sufficient funds are available to aid the ...
- S. 1046 (101st): Merrimack River Study Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Rudman missed 137 of 4,355 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 4.7% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills