Watts was the representative for Oklahoma’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1995 to 2002.
Watts is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Watts sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 1997 to Nov 19, 2002. See full analysis methodology.
Watts sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (13%) Social Welfare (12%) Commerce (12%) Taxation (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%)
Some of Watts’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 510 (107th): Commending the Minority Business Development Agency for its history of achievement in ...
- H.R. 5566 (107th): American Community Renewal Act of 2002
- H.R. 5567 (107th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code to modify eligibility criteria for certain ...
- H.Res. 573 (107th): Providing that development assistance by the United States to foreign countries should ...
- H.Res. 523 (107th): Recognizing the contributions of historically Black colleges and universities.
- H.Res. 487 (107th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that General Benjamin O. ...
- H.Res. 445 (107th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with regard to the ...
From Jan 1995 to Nov 2002, Watts missed 254 of 4,722 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: