Our unique analysis of the bills Allard sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Allard is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Allard was the primary sponsor of 20 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 2673 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10799 West Alameda Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado, as the “Felix Sparks Post Office ...
- S. 1732 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 301 Boardwalk Drive in Fort Collins, Colorado, as the “Dr. Karl E. Carson ...
- S. 1516 (110th): Rural Colorado Water Infrastructure Act
- S. 194 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1300 North Frontage Road West in Vail, Colorado, as the “Gerald R. Ford, ...
- S. 4092 (109th): A bill to clarify certain land use in Jefferson County, Colorado.
- S. 56 (109th): Rio Grande Natural Area Act
- S. 1578 (109th): Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basin Endangered Fish Recovery Programs Reauthorization Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Allard sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Environmental Protection (12%) Law (10%) Water Resources Development (8%) Social Welfare (7%)
Some of Allard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 670 (110th): A resolution designating September 25, 2008, as “National First Responder Appreciation Day”.
- S. 3062 (110th): Oil Shale Regulatory Act of 2008
- S. 3030 (110th): A bill to amend the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for ...
- S.Res. 561 (110th): A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the North American Aerospace Defense ...
- S.Res. 563 (110th): A resolution designating September 13, 2008, as “National Childhood Cancer Awareness Day”.
- S. 2974 (110th): Arkansas Valley Conduit Act of 2008
- S.Res. 502 (110th): A resolution commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Space Foundation.
|Allard’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3001 (110th): Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009
Sep 17, 2008. Bill Passed 88/8.
H.R. 2642 (110th): Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008
Jun 26, 2008. Motion Agreed to 92/6.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Dec 14, 2007. Bill Passed 79/14.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Allard missed 42 of 3,894 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: