Our unique analysis of the bills Grisham sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grisham is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Grisham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grisham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5926 (97th): Individual Housing Act of 1982
- H.R. 5937 (97th): A bill for the relief of Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital, Inc.
- H.Res. 351 (97th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives to ...
- H.R. 5472 (97th): A bill to amend chapter 29 of title 18, United States Code, ...
- H.Con.Res. 173 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the United ...
- H.R. 3472 (97th): Basic Health Insurance Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 1643 (97th): A bill to prohibit the use of Federal housing assistance with respect ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1982, Grisham missed 245 of 2,088 roll call votes, which is 11.7%. This is worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills