Grisham, a Republican, was the representative for California's 33rd congressional district from 1979 to 1982.
Grisham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Grisham sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Grisham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grisham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5937 (97th): A bill for the relief of Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital, Inc.
- H.R. 5926 (97th): Individual Housing Act of 1982
- H.Res. 351 (97th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives to ...
- H.R. 5472 (97th): A bill to amend chapter 29 of title 18, United States Code, ...
- H.Con.Res. 173 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the United ...
- H.R. 3472 (97th): Basic Health Insurance Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 1643 (97th): A bill to prohibit the use of Federal housing assistance with respect ...
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1982, Grisham missed 245 of 2,088 roll call votes, which is 11.7%. This is worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills