Our unique analysis of the bills Anderson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Anderson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Anderson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3591 (95th): A bill for the relief of Antonio J. Marfori.
- S. 3586 (95th): A Bill for the relief of Maria Elena Rodriquez.
- S.Con.Res. 107 (95th): Expressing the sense of Congress on Lebanon.
- S. 3529 (95th): A bill for the relief of Anthony McCartney.
- S.Con.Res. 106 (95th): A Concurrent Resolution authorizing the printing of 5,000 copies of the eulogies ...
- S. 3443 (95th): A bill for the relief of M. Javier Rivera.
- S.J.Res. 153 (95th): A joint resolution authorizing the President to proclaim the third week in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1978, Anderson missed 328 of 1,154 roll call votes, which is 28.4%. This is worse than the median of 10.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills