Cooley was a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Cooley’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Cooley’s bills had a total of 68 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Cooley to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Cooley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4294 (104th): To prohibit further extension or establishment of any national monument in Oregon ...
- H.R. 3875 (104th): To redesignate the dam located at mile 153.6 on the Rogue River ...
- H.R. 3377 (104th): Rural Right-of-Way Fairness Act
- H.R. 3290 (104th): To authorize appropriations for the Bureau of Land Management for each of ...
- H.R. 2693 (104th): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to make a minor adjustment in ...
- H.R. 2568 (104th): To require adoption of a management plan for the Hells Canyon National ...
- H.R. 2392 (104th): Umatilla Basin Project Completion Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Cooley missed 9 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills