Our unique analysis of the bills Cooley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cooley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cooley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Law (15%) Water Resources Development (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Energy (11%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Cooley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4294 (104th): To prohibit further extension or establishment of any national monument in Oregon ...
- H.R. 3875 (104th): To redesignate the dam located at mile 153.6 on the Rogue River ...
- H.R. 3377 (104th): Rural Right-of-Way Fairness Act
- H.R. 3290 (104th): To authorize appropriations for the Bureau of Land Management for each of ...
- H.R. 2693 (104th): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to make a minor adjustment in ...
- H.R. 2568 (104th): To require adoption of a management plan for the Hells Canyon National ...
- H.R. 2392 (104th): Umatilla Basin Project Completion Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Cooley missed 9 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills