Read our 2016 Report Card for Hurd.
Our unique analysis of the bills Hurd has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hurd is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Will Hurd sits on the following committees:
Hurd was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4902 (114th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to expand law enforcement availability pay to employees of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Air and Marine Operations.
- H.R. 5252 (114th): To designate the United States Customs and Border Protection Port of Entry located at 1400 Lower Island Road in Tornillo, Texas, as the “Marcelino Serna Port of ...
- H.R. 1626 (114th): DHS IT Duplication Reduction Act of 2015
- H.R. 2252 (114th): To clarify the effective date of certain provisions of the Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2014, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hurd sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hurd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6380 (114th): American Law Enforcement Heroes Act of 2016
- H.R. 6004 (114th): Modernizing Government Technology Act of 2016
- H.R. 5792 (114th): MOVE IT Act
- H.R. 5253 (114th): Strong Visa Integrity Secures America Act
- H.R. 5252 (114th): To designate the United States Customs and Border Protection Port of Entry ...
- H.R. 4902 (114th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to expand law enforcement availability ...
- H.R. 4402 (114th): Foreign Fighter Review Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hurd’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 749: Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015
Mar 4, 2015. Passed 316/101.
From Jan 2015 to Feb 2017, Hurd missed 3 of 1,424 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: