Sen. William Armstrong
Former Senator from Colorado
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Colorado's 5th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Armstrong sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Armstrong is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Armstrong’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3104 (101st): A bill for the relief of Sonanong Poonpipat (Latch).
- S. 3061 (101st): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend ...
- S.Con.Res. 144 (101st): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the need ...
- S. 2866 (101st): Economic Opportunity Act of 1990
- S. 2867 (101st): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to revise ...
- S. 2737 (101st): Korean War Veterans Memorial Thirty-Eighth Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- S. 2741 (101st): A bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to authorize ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1979 to Oct 1990, Armstrong missed 354 of 4,857 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills