Our unique analysis of the bills Baker sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Baker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Baker sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Science, Technology, Communications (16%) Taxation (16%) Environmental Protection (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Families (9%) Health (9%)
Some of Baker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4169 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that all ...
- H.R. 4126 (104th): California Bay-Delta Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 4066 (104th): To direct the Secretary of the Navy to transfer the U.S.S. Missouri ...
- H.R. 4048 (104th): California Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 3906 (104th): To encourage the development and use of new and innovative environmental monitoring ...
- H.Res. 469 (104th): To commend the patriotic citizens of Remy, France, who honorably buried Lieutenant ...
- H.R. 3207 (104th): Amateur Radio Volunteer Services Act of 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Baker missed 38 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills