Rep. William Baker
Former Representative from California's 10th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
California's 10th District
See Also: Bioguide
Baker was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Baker’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Baker’s bills had a total of 182 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Baker to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Baker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4169 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that all ...
- H.R. 4126 (104th): California Bay-Delta Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 4066 (104th): To direct the Secretary of the Navy to transfer the U.S.S. Missouri ...
- H.R. 4048 (104th): California Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 3906 (104th): To encourage the development and use of new and innovative environmental monitoring ...
- H.Res. 469 (104th): To commend the patriotic citizens of Remy, France, who honorably buried Lieutenant ...
- H.R. 3207 (104th): Amateur Radio Volunteer Services Act of 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Baker missed 38 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills