Baker was the representative for California’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 1996.
Baker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baker sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Baker sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Science, Technology, Communications (16%) Taxation (16%) Environmental Protection (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Families (9%) Health (9%)
Some of Baker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4169 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that all ...
- H.R. 4126 (104th): California Bay-Delta Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 4066 (104th): To direct the Secretary of the Navy to transfer the U.S.S. Missouri ...
- H.R. 4048 (104th): California Environmental Enhancement and Water Security Act
- H.R. 3906 (104th): To encourage the development and use of new and innovative environmental monitoring ...
- H.Res. 469 (104th): To commend the patriotic citizens of Remy, France, who honorably buried Lieutenant ...
- H.R. 3207 (104th): Amateur Radio Volunteer Services Act of 1996
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Baker missed 38 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills