Sen. William “Bill” Bradley
Former Senator from New Jersey
|Dates||Title / State / District|
See Also: Bioguide
Bradley was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Bradley’s time serving in the Senate. Bradley’s bills had a total of 223 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Bradley to other members of the Senate in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Bradley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 282 (104th): A resolution to designate October 10, 1996, as the “Day of National ...
- S. 1935 (104th): Public Trust and Environmental Accountability Act
- S. 1640 (104th): Domestic Saturday Night Special Act of 1996
- S. 1595 (104th): Restoration of Natural Resources Laws on the Public Lands Act of 1996
- S. 1528 (104th): Senate Campaign Finance Reform Act of 1996
- S.J.Res. 47 (104th): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution to permit the ...
- S.Res. 180 (104th): A resolution proclaiming October 15, 1995, through October 21, 1995, as the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1979 to Oct 1996, Bradley missed 503 of 7,038 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills