Our unique analysis of the bills Brock sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1976. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brock is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brock sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (33%) Taxation (12%) Social Welfare (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (10%) Education (10%) Housing and Community Development (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%)
Some of Brock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3862 (94th): A bill for the relief of Maria Lucia Pontes.
- S. 3861 (94th): A bill for the relief of Mary Ian Connell.
- S. 3822 (94th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to extend ...
- S. 3708 (94th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
- S. 3649 (94th): A bill to amend title XX of the Social Security Act so ...
- S. 3616 (94th): All Volunteer Health Manpower Act
- S. 3613 (94th): A bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by designating ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1971 to Oct 1976, Brock missed 641 of 3,404 roll call votes, which is 18.8%. This is worse than the median of 13.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills