Our unique analysis of the bills Clinger sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Clinger is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Clinger’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 534 (104th): Recognizing and honoring the crew members of the U.S.S. Pittsburgh for their ...
- H.R. 3596 (104th): Oil Region National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 3568 (104th): To designate 51.7 miles of the Clarion River, located in Pennsylvania, as ...
- H.R. 3450 (104th): To provide for modification of the State agreement under title II of ...
- H.R. 3078 (104th): Federal Agency Anti-Lobbying Act
- H.Res. 369 (104th): To provide to the Committee on Government Reform and Oversight special authorities ...
- H.R. 2937 (104th): For the reimbursement of legal expenses and related fees incurred by former ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Sep 1996, Clinger missed 353 of 9,112 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills