Our unique analysis of the bills Delahunt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Delahunt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Delahunt sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) International Affairs (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Law (12%) Commerce (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Delahunt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6153 (111th): Foreign Prison Conditions Improvement Act of 2010
- H.R. 5660 (111th): Main Street Fairness Act
- H.R. 5349 (111th): Cambodian Trade Act of 2010
- H.R. 5143 (111th): National Criminal Justice Commission Act of 2010
- H.R. 5034 (111th): Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act of 2010
- H.R. 4594 (111th): International Violence Against Women Act of 2010
- H.R. 4091 (111th): Enhanced Restitution Enforcement and Equitable Retirement Treatment Act of 2009
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Delahunt missed 799 of 9,363 roll call votes, which is 8.5%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: