Dorn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dorn sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Dorn was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 12628 (93rd): Veterans’ Education and Rehabilitation Amendments Act
- H.R. 11915 (93rd): A bill to amend chapter 36 of title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Administrator of Veterans’ Affairs to continue making educational assistance and subsistence allowance ...
- H.R. 9474 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code to increase the monthly rates of disability and death pension, and dependency and indemnity compensation, and for other ...
- H.R. 9601 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code to increase the monthly rates of disability and death pensions, and dependency and indemnity compensation, and ...
- H.R. 9498 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code to increase the monthly rates of disability and death pension, and dependency and indemnity compensation, and ...
- H.R. 9497 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code to increase the monthly rates of disability and death pension and dependency and indemnity compensation, and ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dorn sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dorn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17583 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code in ...
- H.R. 16736 (93rd): Eastern Wilderness Areas Act
- H.R. 16597 (93rd): A bill to provide for adjustments in the lands or interests therein ...
- H.R. 16540 (93rd): A bill to provide for the establishment of a national cemetery in ...
- H.R. 15291 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code to authorize compensated ...
- H.R. 15293 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to increase the ...
- H.R. 15292 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code to ...
From Jan 1947 to Dec 1974, Dorn missed 711 of 4,526 roll call votes, which is 15.7%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills