Frenzel, a Republican, was the representative for Minnesota's 3rd congressional district from 1971 to 1990.
Frenzel is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1990 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Frenzel sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Frenzel was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 579 (100th): A joint resolution to designate February 1989 as “America Loves Its Kids Month”.
- H.J.Res. 574 (98th): A joint resolution to designate the week beginning on September 9, 1984, as “National Community Leadership Week”.
- H.R. 5047 (96th): An act to provide for the temporary suspension of certain duties, to extend certain existing suspensions of duties, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1628 (96th): A bill for the relief of Susan Katherine Adamski.
- H.R. 5322 (95th): An Act to impose an excise tax on the sale of coal by the producer, to establish a Black Lung Disability Trust Fund, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6687 (94th): A bill for the relief of Doo Hoon Park.
- H.R. 6033 (93rd): A bill to amend title 39, United States Code, to clarify the proper use of the franking privilege by Members of Congress, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Frenzel sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Frenzel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5485 (101st): To provide for the deductibility of certain mortgage interest and real property ...
- H.R. 5442 (101st): Fairness and Competitive Foreign Income Tax Act of 1990
- H.R. 5344 (101st): To provide for a lower rate of duty on East German products ...
- H.R. 5286 (101st): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase to $25,000 ...
- H.R. 4791 (101st): To reduce temporarily the duty on flurbiprofen.
- H.Res. 386 (101st): Establishing an allowance for offical mail, reducing from 3 to 1 the ...
- H.R. 4426 (101st): To include photoreceptors and assemblies containing photoreceptors within the temporary suspension of ...
From Jan 1971 to Oct 1990, Frenzel missed 881 of 10,267 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is worse than the median of 4.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills