Janklow was the representative for South Dakota’s at-large district and was a Republican. He served from 2003 to 2004.
Janklow sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Janklow recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 3298 (108th): Active Reservists and National Guard Farm Loan Relief Act of 2003
- H.R. 3149 (108th): Combat Pay Safeguard Act of 2003
- H.R. 2132 (108th): Pactola Reservoir Reallocation Authorization Act of 2003
- H.R. 1393 (108th): Armed Forces Tax Fairness and Justice Act of 2003
- H.R. 1326 (108th): To ensure that tax-exempt status and other benefits afforded under Operation Enduring …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2003 to Jan 2004, Janklow missed 121 of 678 roll call votes, which is 17.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: